In school, text/comprehension is often reduced to reading a paragraph or story and answering questions based on it. We invite you to broaden your view with a rich workshop that will show you how to:
- Understand Comprehension, its purposes and its implications beyond the classroom.
- Use all channels and modalities for effective comprehension.
- Distribute Comprehension passages from different genres and scales across different phases of the academic year.
- Help students comprehend the non-verbal curriculum in and beyond the school.
- Develop speed and efficiency in sourcing or creating material for comprehension exercises.
- Create a variety of questions to aid and test comprehension, and learn question analysis.
- Aid Science and Math comprehension – how can the English teacher help?
- Assess comprehension levels – myths, traditional and non-traditional methods.
- Differentiate comprehension activities to cater to both the struggling as well as the gifted learner.
- Use practical strategies to help your class develop Critical Reading skills.
- Explore tools, aids, organizers and strategies to enhance the comprehension skills of your students.
- Measure changes in class comprehension.
- Empower children to develop personal opinions and solve higher order questions.
0.00 average base on 0 ratings