Grammar with Ease – easy-to-follow English Grammar book
The ‘Grammar with Ease’ for primary school grades 1 to 5 is a complete handbook of child-friendly English grammar that can be used as a reference book for understanding grammatical patterns and conventions in speech and writing in English.
This book offers an umbrella view of English grammar. It provides simple definitions and clear examples. It seeks to demystify the complexity of grammar and provides links to different parts of grammatical study. Items have been carefully selected to ensure that children do not lose clarity and do not get enmeshed in advanced grammar study which is unnecessary at the primary school level. It helps build good foundations in English grammar.
The book is an English grammar book for juniors studying in grades 1 to 5. It was created in response to a need for clarity on basic grammatical concepts and patterns. Grammar is a great instructional tool for error free writing, so the study of grammar is a significant part of the English language learning process. Often English grammar books write rules in starchy language and have inadequate examples. Lack of links between concepts and overlaps in functions are not addressed and this creates confusion in the study of grammar.
Furthermore, items are not graded to be taught with a long term view of what the child will require for future study. This English grammar book addresses these problems. It is designed to support the child and its caregivers in getting an umbrella view with simple definitions and clear examples. It is kept simple so that children in junior schools learn as much as they need to, while ensuring that their foundations are strong and clear. ‘Grammar with Ease’ is an excellent companion book for the series ‘Language with Ease’ Grade 1 -8. The series operates on the principle of frequency i.e. making children practice grammar briefly but daily, and linking their study fruitfully to spoken language and creative writing. The series is being taught in some of the best schools in the country and has revolutionized the successful study of English grammar.
- Basic parts of speech
- The Word pyramid – from the humble letter to the mighty text
- Nouns – definition, types, gender, number, possessive rules, verbals
- Adjectives – definition, types, verbals
- Verbs – definition, subject and predicate, simple and compound, tense and time, primary verbs, regular and irregular, imposters, finite and non-finite, subject verb agreement, modals, tags, transitive and intransitive, active and passive, conditional verbs, phrasal verbs, idioms and proverbs
- Adverbs – definition, types
- Pronouns – definition, rules, types
- Preposition – definition, uses and examples
- Conjunctions – definition, uses, coordinating and subordinating
- Interjections – definition and examples
- Direct and Indirect speech – definition, change, punctuation rules, reported speech
- Punctuation and capitalisation – symbols, names, uses
- Words, Phrases, Clauses, Sentences to Paragraphs – definitions and examples; subject object and complement; types of sentences, key ideas and supporting sentences; how to paragraph, sequencing
Showing the single result