Empowering English Grade 8 – English Text Book Class 8
Empowering English Grade 8 (English Text Book Class 8) is a book that can be done across grades 8,9, and 10 keeping in view the maturity of student populations. The book is a culmination of genres and skills learnt and brings with it a critical understanding, a wisdom, and confidence that students leaving school must develop.
- How to profile characters psychologically for description and writer’s bias
- Read character through the reactions of other characters
- Match beginnings and endings using grammatical, logical and lexical clues
- Inferring social image through character study
- Poetry and Art as socio-political mediums of protest and films as visual texts
- Review media habits and advertising consumer psychology to see manipulation
- Treatment of same theme by different writers and poets
- Introduction to odes, double entendres, mixed metaphors, analogies, Greek mythological allusions and strategies for delivering a speech
- Study of Point of view and Transactional Analysis for character and conflict recognition
- Do procedural writing using cultural descriptions and descriptions using sense images
- Write to genre demands and transform texts to other forms
- Critical evaluation of a variety of texts in the language of critical appreciation
- Use evidencing and audience purpose tone to whet own writing
- Discuss and debate a wide variety of personal, social, political, economic and environmental issues with peers and the teacher
Empowering English- English Text Book Series is used in leading schools in the country
Mindsprings Publishing LLP
Empowering English Text Book Class 8 is a part of Empowering English series that offers a superior curriculum to cater to the holistic development of the English language for children from grades 1 to 8. Along with the series ‘Language with Ease’, Empowering English Text Book series offers a complete system of skills development in language, namely listening, speaking, reading and writing.
The Empowering English Text Book series teaches skills in addition to traditional prose and poetry. A skill, once learned, can be used in a variety of tasks, for life, thereby making the learner fully independent. The books are beautifully layered as important skills are revisited and used every year. They are also scaled, such that each year there is a gentle progression in the skills to create greater proficiency. The material is child-friendly, encourages thinking, and makes foundational concepts permanent. The series unfailingly makes children ready to take on the challenges of high school without any gaps in learning.
The Empowering English Text books are used in the highest IB World Schools in the country, as also in disadvantaged State Board schools in humble and remote areas in cities, and by all the other Boards in between. English as a subject is about spoken and written competence demonstrated by all learners irrespective of communities or Boards.
The scope of learning in each grade contains
a) recognition of features through study
b) introduction to new skills and tools
c) tasks to be done by the students
d) revisits of learning from previous years
e) discussions and debates on a variety of topics and
f) structural skills.
Schools subscribing to Empowering English Text Book Series , are provided with free teacher manuals that have complete lesson plans on how to teach skills, answers to questions, points of debate and discussions, and help with assessments. The teacher is expected to grow as a professional and imbibe the best international practices teaching with this curriculum. Our Helpline Number – 9930043825